Here's a photo of one basket:
I had contributed for two baskets, and between the two, I got:
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 bunches spinach
- 3 English cucumbers (HOW did I end up picking a basket with an extra cucumber?)
- 3 1-lb bags of baby carrots
- 6 avocadoes
- 11 roma tomatoes
- 2 pineapples
- 2 bags of grapes
- 13 bananas
- 4 mangoes
- 16 yellow plums
What will we do with this stuff?
- Lettuce, carrots, plums, bananas, pineapples, and grapes will just be eaten
- The tomatoes are going with some of my remaining Hatch Chilies from last week to can my own Rotel
- Spinach -- this may be added to salads, but most will probably go into my Greek scrambled egg breakfasts (spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, feta cheese -- and scrambled eggs)
- Avocadoes -- I'll be making guacamole this time around. I may try to hide some in a Mexican lasagna or something (which would also use up some of my remaining Hatch Chilies)
- Mangoes -- used in smoothies
- English Cucumbers -- I have no idea. Cucumbers are the one veggie we just can't seem to end up actually using.
I love cucumber/tomato/onion salad -- put it all in some diluted vinegar with salt and pepper for a few hours.
Now I'm disappointed that I didn't try to figure out a way to get a basket this weekend. :( Yours looks so good!
Post a Comment