Here is a photo of one basket:
Between my TWO baskets, I got:
- 3 fennel
- 3 butternut squash
- 2 heads green leaf lettuce
- 6 cucumbers
- 5 bunches green onions
- 7 Cubanelle peppers
- 14 tomatoes
- 2 pineapple
- 7 big oranges
- 9 pomelos (grapefruit-like)
- 8 Fuji apples
- 4 red pears
- Apples, oranges, pomelos, pears will all just be eaten.
- I'll probably dehydrate the pineapple
- The fennel will become potato-fennel soup
- Squash, oh, I've been longing for winter squash. These are huge, so they will probably go with two meals this week, and I'll freeze the third.
- Cucumbers: the little two are supposed to be doing some Greek thing as part of school that calls for cucumbers (and tomatoes) and I told them it wasn't happening until we got cukes in our basket. And I'm doing a veggie tray for a potluck tomorrow, so a couple will go in that.
- Lettuce will be salads.
- Tomatoes are wonderfully not ripe yet, and I'm thrilled. Because I processed a LOT of tomatoes last week, and still have a few pounds that are perfect right now. So these will save for late this week or even next week.
- Green onions are something I tend to just use when I have them, so these will be "just used" -- some undoubtedly in the potato-fennel soup.
- The peppers, I'm not sure yet. I'm not sure I've ever had a Cubanelle pepper. So I need to think about them. I was poking around a bit, and I'm thinking about modifying this Stuffed Cubanelle Pepper recipe.
We've been wondering just what we'd get at Bountiful Baskets, but we weren't sure how much/what. I know it changes, but it's good to see a sample. We'll have to sign up this week. Thank you!
Post a Comment