Bible in 90 Days Challenge, post regarding days 9-14. I decided my Mondays are just TOO insane and I will NEVER check in on time if I do it actually on Monday. So I'm going to blog my check-in on Sunday, and only have to link up on Monday. That I can do. I hope. Here's last week's (late) check in.
- Tuesday: read Leviticus 8-19. Wow, lots of stuff that just isn't fun to listen to. 'Specially with the kids.
- Wednesday: read Leviticus 20-Numbers 2. There is a reason I always bog down in here. I have to say, this reading plan is kind of nice. Get all these lists of people and things over and done with in under a week and move on to something that doesn't put me to sleep.
- Thursday: read Numbers 3-14
- Friday: read Numbers 15-29. I got a lot of sewing of Scout uniform patches done, so we listened a little longer than usual. That puts us almost where we are "supposed" to be.
- Saturday: read Numbers 30-36. Experienced technical difficulties, so we were short about 20 minutes. We'll have to make that up this next week.
- Sunday: Read Deuteronomy 1-8. Found it interesting how Moses blames this next generation for him not being able to enter the Promised Land. 'Because of you...' even though it was their parents who were involved, and God was punishing Moses for what Moses did... So if Moses blames everyone but himself, why is it so surprising that my kids blame everyone but themselves? Or that I do?
So, that's my check-in for the week. We're about 20 minutes behind, will plan to make that up this week. Go here to see what others are saying (I'll link to the actual check-in post tomorrow!)
I agree...this is the first time I haven't totally stalled out in this portion of Scripture. Knowing I'd be through it soon really did help! And I had the exact SAME thought about Moses...I noticed the repeated "because of you's" too!
Kara -- I have usually managed to push through this part of scripture when reading through the Bible. But unfortunately, I have mentally checked out more than one of those times too. And, okay, I've totally stalled too.
Can't seem to get 'er done today though. Gotta find my oldest son and get it happening. I'm really looking forward to Joshua...
I am so hopelessly behind and once again I forgot to sign in. Ack! I do NOT want to give up but I am so far behind!! Maybe now that the girls are home and the walk through is done I can spend some time just reading?
I'm so glad you are reading with us! Keep it up!
Post a Comment