So I figured now was a perfect time for a post about my least favorite question.
How do you do it all?The honest answer is -- I don't.
Some days are like the first two this week. Or today, for that matter.
- I am not feeling well, and end up taking a nap or two because I desperately need it.
- I have five different kids who need to be doing school, and all of them need at least some attention from me.
- I have a house to clean.
- I have deadlines for work, and those projects always seem to take far more time than I think they will.
- I haven't done laundry in forever and that is in desperate need of getting done.
- I want to read.
- I want to start stitching on the cross-stitch project my mom was working on before she died.
- My family seems to think they should eat.
- Did I mention I need a nap?
You know that saying out there, "Anything worth doing is worth doing well"?
Yeah. Right. I have a different one.
Forget doing it well.
And honestly, I don't even finish all the stuff that is worth doing. But when it comes to certain things, I do not worry about doing it "well."
I have to cheat something. So that means that you can't eat off my floors. The inside of the fridge is
The difference between a toilet scrubbed "well" and one that is "just done" is a whole lot of time, mostly. I've got hard water stains, and yes, I've seen the miracle vinegar trick on Facebook to get rid of them. But that takes time. Time I could be spending reading with my kids, or working on math, or heading outside to run around.
I don't fold socks and underwear either. They get stuffed into drawers, and that is good enough for me.
As for the homeschool stuff, I feel like I never quite do enough there. Which is probably my topic for tomorrow.
Bottom line for today, though. I don't do it all. I probably don't even do all the important stuff. And the stuff I do get done is often at the last minute.
Discover real life in other homeschools with the Schoolhouse Review Crew bloggers! Join the blog hop to read more!
Here are some of the other blogs that are participating. I'll be linking up ten a day! Twenty today, because <ahem> I didn't post yesterday.
For This Season
For Him and My Family
As We Walk Along the Road
Growing in His Glory
Homeschool Coffee Break
There Will Be A $5 Charge For Whining
Treasuring Life's Blessings
Double O Farms
Simple Living Mama
Fried Clams and Sweet Tea
This Sweet Life
A Net In Time
Some Call It Natural
Kingdom Academy Homeschool
Debbie's Homeschool Corner