- Daily: I will move. Every day. Meaning something actually active. Preferably outside.
- Daily: I will drink water. More than just a sip or two after
brushing my teeth (which right now, I confess, is all the WATER I get
somemany days). I am not setting myself up to totally fail by committing to 8 8 oz glasses a day or anything, but I plan to be drinking a significant amount by the end of the year. And NO MOUNTAIN DEW unless I am on a 1,000 mile road trip, or I have a migraine. (I am NOT, however, giving up coffee.)
- Daily: My physical clutter is really wearing away at me on an emotional level. So every weekday that I am actually home long enough to do anything (which is most days), I will do SOMETHING to declutter my world. Starting with making sure the living room is picked up so I can workout inside (it's a bit lego-covered at the moment!)
- Daily: I will eat sensibly. With two birthdays, Thanksgiving and Christmas, I'm not swearing off desserts or special foods. But I am going to get back to eating the way I have in the past when I have successfully lost weight -- predominantly healthy, with planned "treats"including a day here or there that is PLANNED to be a bit more indulgent than normal. I know I lose weight better when I have planned splurges.
- And working out: again, I am in pretty bad condition at the moment, so I'm trying not to prescribe just what this will look like. But a minimum of every other day, I will do something that I consider to be a "work out" -- my hope is that by the end of the challenge, I'll be capable of some type of a three days of workouts, one day off type of a schedule, or even two on, one off... I'd love to get back to my FIRM videos, or to doing Couch Potato to 5K... I want to be able to be hiking with my Boy Scouts without worrying that they are going to have a first aid victim...
- Oh, and I WILL check in every Friday/Saturday.
- I moved. Daily. Frequently outside
- I drastically increased my water consumption. And I pretty much didn't drink Mountain Dew. The couple that I had were 1) because of a migraine, and 2) one night coming home when I was really, really desperately in need of caffeine in order to get home.
- Decluttering -- I did a pretty decent job of this too. Maybe not quite every day I was home, but most.
- I did eat sensibly. I didn't go crazy. No dessert on Thanksgiving even.
- Working out... I blew this.
- Checking in... you know, the easiest thing on the list? Blew this one too.