I got two baskets, and a flat of strawberries. Yummmm
Lousy photo though. This is one basket:
- Two heads of kale
- Two heads of lettuce
- 7 ears of corn
- Two acorn squash. Though three are in the photo. Oops. One lady there gave me hers.
- Two cucumbers
- Five tomatoes (the other basket had four)
- One melon
- Five mangoes
- Thirteen plums. And they are yummy.
- Six apricots
- Five bananas
- Thirteen granny smith apples (the other basket had one more)
- I'll be making corn for dinner twice.
- I'll be making squash for dinner twice. And probably freezing some.
- We're going to be trying kale chips.
- If kale chips aren't a hit, we'll be doing some potato & kale soup
- We'll be doing a whole lot of salads.
- Melon for breakfast a couple of days
- Loads of smoothies, as that is what we do with mangoes.
- Lots of fruit for snacking (bananas, plums, apricots, apples)
- I'm making some dill pickles.
I use to be part of a co-op for veggies and fruit. It was always fun to see what we would get.
Oh we get a basket too, but that was a lot for one basket! Our sites always seem to go fast.
That was a huge basket! It was a lot of fun, but a LOT of greens. Yikes.
Post a Comment