They had tortillas though. So I had to contribute for a basket. And of course, the truck ended up 2.5 hours late (12:30), smack dab in the middle of when I couldn't be there. Dale had to be at work today for some dumb reason... of course. Fortunately, I did have a wonderful person volunteer to pick my basket up for me, so we cruised over and got it after the food pantry. Thanks, Kat!
I only got one basket this week, so it was really easy to figure out what was what when I got home. This week, we got:
- 2 eggplants
- 1.5 pounds of broccoli
- 8 rainbow carrots (a bit over 2 pounds)
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce (yay! leaf lettuce again!)
- a 5-lb bag of potatoes
- plus another bag of potatoes, roughly 2 pounds worth
- 1 pineapple
- 10 bananas, pretty much ready to be eaten now
- 4 grapefruit
- 11 mercots (tangerine-like things anyway, not positive what kind)
- 4 fuji apples
- Eggplants are going into a lasagne casserole-y thing tomorrow. For my birthday.
- We'll do some broccoli with lunches this week.
- Broccoli and carrots will go onto the veggie tray we need to put together for the Mother-Daughter Tea next weekend.
- Lettuce and potatoes just get used. No planning necessary.
- Grapefruit is going to be my breakfast this week.
- The rest of the fruit just gets eaten, no planning necessary.
That is a lot of orange and yellow! What a cool basket. :)
Post a Comment