Here is a photo of one basket:
|William did the arranging today|
- 3 heads of cabbage
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 3 enormous yams
- 3 spaghetti squash
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 boxes of grape tomatoes
- 19 bananas
- 2 3-lb bags of Braeburn apples
- 11 comice pears
- 25 tangerine-like things
I priced out my baskets at Safeway by adding up the two baskets and dividing by two... so 1.5 heads of cabbage, for instance. Grand total: $36.28. I contributed $15 per basket, and it would have cost me another $21.28 to get the same stuff at Safeway. Well, almost the same stuff. I used the price of tangerines instead of whatever these things actually are.
What are we going to do with it all? I. Have. No. Idea.
- The fruit will just be eaten.
- Cauliflower will be used in an alfredo dish.
- cabbage? not sure yet. I'm still trying to figure out something we really love.
- spaghetti squash? we'll experiment a bit there too.
- Grape tomatoes will probably be eaten on salads and the like
- Yams will probably become at least a couple meals worth of veggie side dish
- Spinach -- I love spinach in scrambled eggs