A lady I met at Bountiful Baskets, though, was able to get there today once the highway reopened, and she brought my two baskets as far as the post office. YAY!
She also can pick my stuff up next week, since I won't be able to get there. So I can contribute tomorrow!
Anyway, here is one basket, except that I put one too many grapefruit in here, but I probably should have added another banana or onion or something.
What we got in the two baskets:
- 3 bunches of asparagus
- 3 English cucumbers
- 2 packages living lettuce
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 3 groups of broccoli
- 9 potatoes
- 8 onions
- 2 pineapple
- 4 grapefruit
- 6 minneolas
- 7 bananas
- all the fruit will just be eaten. No planning necessary.
- Potatoes, lettuce, and onions just get eaten. No planning necessary.
- Asparagus will be roasted, and this stuff is fabulous.
- Broccoli -- we'll be cutting some up to have with dip, we'll do broccoli in some type of casserole-y thing for lunch a couple days this week, we'll do stir-fry for dinner one night, and we'll freeze some.
- Cauliflower -- one head will be cut up to have with dip, the other will probably be in the stir-fry.
- Cucumbers -- oy, this is the one thing I just never seem to make use of. I'll slice one up to do with dip, and hopefully we'll manage to use the other two somehow.