This week, I got three baskets and a box of Mixed Pears. Wow, just wow. Lots of produce in my house now.
Between the 3 baskets, I got:
- 4 bunches of asparagus
- 4 containers grape tomatoes
- 3 bunches of celery
- 3 heads green leaf lettuce
- 11 green bell peppers
- 12-13 pounds of potatoes
- 8 grapefruit
- 14 Asian pears
- 9 red pears
- 33 Granny Smith apples
- 37 bananas
- Potatoes and all of the fruit will just be eaten.
- Lettuce and grape tomatoes will become salads.
- Asparagus -- we're having asparagus for a few meals here this week, and I've heard you can freeze it, so I will freeze one bunch just to see how I like that.
- Celery -- I have a few carrots and quite a few of onions on hand. I'm processing a bunch for the freezer. (chop equal amounts of the three, saute, freeze)
- Bell peppers - undoubtedly, we'll use some. But I'm taking a bunch and sauteing with onions for the freezer.
No lack of fresh fruit in this household this week!