It was a good basket today. Here is what one of my baskets looked like:
My two baskets contained:
- Three bunches of broccoli (roughly 3 stems per bunch)
- Seven ears of corn
- Five English cucumbers
- Three heads of Romaine lettuce
- Three "bunches" of green onion bulbs (3 bulbs per bunch)
- Four yellow squash
- Five big yams
- Eleven bananas
- Three packages of blackberries
- Two packages of red grapes
- Eight oranges
- Three pomegranates
- I gave away a bunch
- We're going to have corn on the cob tonight
- I'm seriously considering making blackberry syrup that we can have on waffles on Christmas.
- I'd love to come up with something similar with the pomegranates, but maybe we'll just do some Pom-Apple Crisp and eat a bunch fresh.
- Broccoli is going to need some thought because we already had a lot here. Lunches this week are going to include broccoli every single day. Except Christmas, since Dale won't eat broccoli.
- Everything else (fruit, lettuce, onions, yams) will just be used.