It was a very chilly morning, but take a look at my pretty basket:
I think it was worth it! This basket includes:
- 2 heads cauliflower
- a whole lot of organic broccoli
- 4 organic on-the-vine tomatoes
- 1 bunch lettuce
- 4 green bell peppers
- 9 rainbow carrots
- 2 pineapples
- 2 Oro Blancos
- 1 mango
- 5 gorgeous Gala apples
- 6 bananas
- 1 pineapple
- 4 mangoes
- 6 kiwi
- 1 coconut
- 7 limes
- a bag of mint
- two vanilla beans
And I split a box of pears with a friend.
What will we do with all of this yummy stuff?
- tomatoes, lettuce, bell peppers, carrots, and most of the fruit is just eaten. No planning.
- I hope to can some pears
- Broccoli will go into a skillet lunch or two (basically a tuna hotdish, adding broccoli)
- Cauliflower - one will be eaten with dip, the other will probably be added to an alfredo meal
- Pineapples may need to be dehydrated. The one I got a couple weeks ago is just now ripe too, so I have four of them around.
- Key lime pie, baby. Oh, yeah.
- I'm making more vanilla extract. Love knowing there isn't any junk in my vanilla extract.
- I need to come up with something fun to do with mangoes besides just eat them or use them in smoothies
- Same thing for coconut
- And I'm doing something fun with the mint. I made mint extract last time, but I haven't USED any of it, so I don't need more.