- I made a decision about writing for William and Thomas. We'll be doing IEW's Medieval History theme thingy. They are incredibly excited about it.
- Illuminations 2 is going fabulously. Somehow or another, this is going way better than Illuminations 1 ever did. I don't know why it is clicking so well.
- Connor made a commitment to take his school seriously and not give me so much flak. We're nearly through his second week of that, and he is doing fairly well.
- Reviews. Uff dah. I've got a few of them coming up. Basically, for the rest of the month, expect a review nearly every day.
- My birthday present arrived early from my parents. I now own a Nook. I have three things on it right now... Pride and Prejudice (for my Jane Austen challenge!), the ESV Bible, and some Periodic Table thing. There's a mystery I need to get put on there too, that I had started reading in my Nook app on my Mac. I knew it was coming, but I wasn't expecting it until February. I am SO excited...
- Bible in 90 Days is going fairly well. Except that I haven't emailed my mentor group again. I need to do that. But it has been tough, because...
- Connor's computer screen went blank. So, basically, for school we now have my laptop, and the PC desktop. Half the stuff won't run on the PC.
- We've only got one working vehicle. I'm trapped in the house. I hate it. I am truly grateful that Dale can get to work. Really. And that the reading program doesn't start until February, and that we have some time off scouts...
Thursday, January 6, 2011
This and That
Busy, busy, busy...
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Ooo, I'm considering the Medieval History book from IEW! Makayla starts that time period in May. Let me know what you think.
Reviews, reviews, I've got a few coming too and really need to write them, LOL.
A Nook? I'm turning a little green. I love my ipod touch but I'm wanting something with a bigger screen, be it Nook, IPad, or Kindle.
Computer and car trouble at the same time is not good, esp. when lots of school is computer assisted and being stuck in the house is not fun. Coordinating even the easy things like getting groceries and going to doctor appointments is a pain with only 1 vehicle.
We are using IEW Medival History this year and love it!! It's our first time using IEW at all and we are hooked!
Melissa & Tristan - so glad to see friends using/wanting Medieval History from IEW too!
My Nook is lovely. My parents are wonderful. I'm so thrilled to have it, I can't begin to tell you.
And yeah, I had to cancel dentist appointments for next week. I mean, maybe we can get there. Maybe not. I need to know before I schedule something again. Scouts, of course, something came up for this next Monday... argh. Gotta figure THAT out now too...
Oh! I feel your pain on only having one vehicle. We've had one vehicle for 4 years and 6 months now (I'm not keeping track of time or anything). I hope you get your 2nd vehicle repaired or replaced quickly!
Post a Comment