- Without going into a lot of detail, I'm questioning if I don't suffer from a reasonably mild case of SAD, or if it is just the normal seasonal cycle exaggerated a bit in my case. I'm looking into some things I can do to deal with my lethargy.
- One thing that is saving me right now is that I have some really amazingly perfect products that I am reviewing. Loving Latin Alive, and Reading Kingdom, and IEW, and, and, and...
- Yesterday, I sat and read a book instead of hopping onto the computer when my kids were done with it. Just a book. I'm not reviewing it, I'm not considering it for school, nothing. It was just a book. It has been quite awhile...
- I'm behind in my Bible in 90 Days readings, and I have to work at catching up. And I need to get in touch with my little group.
- Tomorrow is a big scout day. Richard has a Tiger den outing, and Connor and William are participating in an Eagle ceremony for a very wonderful young man.
- I hate having only one computer that the kids can use for school. Hate it.
- We are loving Illuminations 2. Watching Drive-Thru History right now as a supplement.
- We're supposed to be reading Twice Freed on Monday. I cannot find it anywhere. <sigh> I hate when our school stuff vanishes... I almost used a gift certificate to purchase a second copy. Couldn't bring myself to buy something I know we own already...
- Oh, and absolutely loving Sonlight Core 7. Murder for Her Majesty, of course, turned into a family read-aloud. I should know better than to think I could read a book to just Connor.
- Speaking of things turning into family projects... Connor insisted on being let in to our time with Apologia's Who Is God? book. And both Connor and William insisted on participating with Thomas in Earth: Its Structure and Its Changes. Why do I even try to have them do their own thing?
- William is begging to do Latin for Children. That is, oh, probably the only Latin program on the planet that I don't own...
Friday, February 11, 2011
February's First "Just Stuff" post
I took a bit of a blog break. As you've probably noticed, I've had a lot of reviews due lately. My intention wasn't to ignore my blog entirely after I posted that one on Monday... but that is what happened. So, let's do a random stuff type of post to catch back up: