So I had to stay up another hour to get the apples sauced, and the tomatoes too. But, 1 quart of tomato sauce, 2 quarts of applesauce, and 1 quart of apple juice... yeah, probably worth a bit less sleep.
Anyway, today I got a basket, a 36 pound box of pears, a 25 pound box of Roma tomatoes, and something new: a stew pack.
Here's a photo of my basket:
- 2 ears of bi-color corn (I know, only one is pictured)
- 2 zucchini
- 1 bunch organic broccoli
- 1 head Romaine lettuce
- 4 big russet potatoes
- 3 green bell peppers
- 7 Hatch chilies (hot)
- 2 cantaloupe
- 8 bananas
- 3 peaches
- 4 Asian pears
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 1 pound bag of carrots
- 1 big bunch celery
- 4 onions
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 big bunch kale
- 1 bunch parsley, I'm pretty sure
- 3 bay leaves
I have no idea yet what I'm doing with everything. I'll brainstorm it a bit though:
- melons, Asian pears, peaches, and bananas will just get eaten, as will some of the Bartlett pears.
- Lettuce and potatoes are staples that just get used.
- Green peppers and Hatch chilies will probably both be used along with some of the tomatoes from the big box to can either some Rotel-type thing, or possibly salsa
- Corn we'll eat with dinner tonight
- Broccoli we'll roast with olive oil and salt and have tomorrow night
- Zucchini -- I'm still thinking about that. I've got a bunch more to go with it.
- Stew pack -- I'm hoping to do some type of potato-kale soup, and I want to do a crockpot meal with potatoes, carrots, celery and onions.