But it is still Saturday, and I am writing up my post about my baskets!!
This week, I got two baskets, two packages of Spicy Wraps (they look marvelous) and I split a box of peaches with a friend. Trina snapped a picture of my basket...
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 bunch Romaine lettuce
- 1 big ol' bag of green beans
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 package mushrooms
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 English cucumber
- 5 tomatoes
- 6 Hatch chili peppers
- 10 bananas
- 1 Honeydew melon
- 1 pineapple
What will we do with all of this?
- lettuce, celery, mushrooms, tomatoes, and all of the fruit just get used. Nothing terribly special involved.
- One cauliflower, one cucumber and some celery is going to be chopped up to do a veggies & dip thing for church.
- The other cucumber was given away to a friend who needs it more than I do.
- The other cauliflower might just be chopped and done with dip around here.
- Green beans are going to be a side dish for a couple of meals this week.
- Yellow squash: I am playing with some things like scalloped squash or who knows what. I need a good, solid, yummy side dish that my family will love so I don't always struggle with how to use squash.
- Chili peppers: I am going to be making a Mexican lasagna recipe again, and I'll be blogging about on the Bountiful Baskets blog. That will use some tomatoes too, most likely.