This one shouldn't be horribly difficult. I love to listen to audiobooks, though I don't get as much time as I would like.
So, The Royal Reviews is hosting an Audio Book Challenge, and I simply had to join in on the fun. They have different levels available from Curious (3 audiobooks in 2010) to Obsessed (20 audiobooks). I decided to go for Addicted (12 audiobooks).
I will count "significant" audiobooks that relate to my kids' schooling. Like I'm pre-reading (pre-listening) to Till We Have Faces right now.
Here's my list (in parentheses are titles I'm currently listening to) [in brackets are titles I'm tentatively planning]:
- Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
- Inside the Revolution by Joel C. Rosenberg
- Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis
- Famous Men of Rome by John Haaren and A. B. Poland
- D'Aulaires' Greek Myths by Ingri and Edgar D'Aulaire
- Roman Myths by Geraldine McCaughrean
- Pearl Buck in China by Hilary Spurling
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- (America: The Last, Best Hope Volume II by William Bennett)
- [Missing Max by Karen Young]
I might have my kids get in on this! It might get them to listen to something NEW for a change.
Oooh, this would be a good challenge to have my kids do. I should have Connor do the Classics one too. He's working on Iliad right now. The kid needs a blog.
I signed up, Debra! :) Thanks for bringing it to my attention! I only signed up at the Fascinated level, but I might up my level as time goes on. :)
I'm hoping this will push me a bit more to actually listen to some of the audiobooks I have, and to listen to the ones I check out from the library. I try to be sure I always have something around in case I'm going to be spending a chunk of time in the car... but that doesn't always translate to actually listening!!
Post a Comment