I posted earlier that I plan to be a part of the Classics Bookclub this year. As part of that, I need to set some goals.
Okay, so my specific goals for this year are quite tentative. But in general, I am planning for two titles per quarter that I consider to be classics.
For the first quarter, I plan to read:
- Sense and Sensibility (again -- changed that from Pride & Prejudice)
- The Iliad
- The Trial of Socrates
And that is kind of the basis for what I plan all year... one book for ME, and one (or more) book that somehow relates to what the kids are doing (or will be doing) for school.
In the "me" category, some possibilities:
- Gulliver's Travels (I've read a children's condensed version, but never the real one)
- Jane Eyre (I've always meant to read this)
- Pilgrim's Progress (I've read a condensed version, and a children's version)
In the "school" category, some possibilities:
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (haven't read)
- Beowulf (haven't read since high school)
- The Aenid
- Canterbury Tales
Of course, if anybody has suggestions, I'm all ears! And if you care to join me, well, I'd love to hear about that too.