- Scheduling reviews to post while I'm traveling is great. It was so nice to get some of those completed and not have to think much about it.
- Spending time with my college roommate and matron of honor is something I simply HAVE to do when I make these trips back home. I cannot believe it has been so long, and I am absolutely carving out time for you on every future trip.
- I didn't see the news coverage myself, but hearing that there was security footage of your baby brother on the news, with the news-person saying something about reporting to the Fargo police if you know this man... well, not what I want to hear.
- I'm relieved that my brother isn't who they wanted information about.
- I'm stressed that the man pointing the loaded shotgun at my baby brother is who they were asking about.
- And no, the dude threatening to kill my brother has not been caught.
- The above bullet points (pun definitely not intended) were certainly the highlight of the trip.
- My parents have moved. To an apartment. No more big, beautiful garden. They deserve the break from taking care of it and everything else though.
- Which means we may have brought home our last batch of strawberry jam. Of course, we brought home a LOT of jam. In pint and quart sized jars. Three and a half dozen jars.
- It is amazing what some elbow grease can do when it comes to packing 'stuff' into a little Mazda. Dishes, quilts, tools, the aforementioned jam, books, more books, more tools, an insect collection, a winter coat for Connor, plant lights...
- Richard and Trina were adorable in Dale's cousin's wedding last Saturday.
- It was amazingly wonderful to have a review book to read with them... The Person I Marry. I'll be posting some Richard/Trina pictures in that review!
- It was great to have the opportunity to get to know the husband of one of Dale's cousins... we've met, but we had never really talked at all. That was incredibly cool.
- Dale's aunt did an amazing job on Trina's dress.
- McDonald's for iced coffee and smoothies for the kids, plus wi-fi access, makes the 1,000 mile trip home so much easier. And a couple of those smoothies were free with the Monopoly game.
- Still, it is nice to be back home. Be it ever so cluttered, there's no place like home.
Saturday, October 22, 2011
A Saturday "stuff" post
So much going on, and I haven't had a lot of internet time. So some quick highlights: