I got two baskets this morning, plus a 25 pound box of Hatch Chilies, plus a 25 pound (or so) box of apples. Lots of produce came through the door.
Here is a photo of one of the baskets:
- 4 bunches of "artisan" lettuce
- 3 big yellow onions
- 6 organic tomatoes
- 2 English cucumbers
- 3 personal size watermelons
- 2 pineapples
- 3 boxes blueberries
- 6 pears
- 9 nectarines
- 13 yellow plums
- Lettuce, onions, and tomatoes just get used with no plans necessary
- Fruit just gets eaten, with no plans necessary
- Except I think I'll use one of the big blueberry boxes in muffins
- Cucumbers, well, those are always a challenge here. Nobody loves cucumbers. I don't even know what to try next.
I'm also going to be making some salsa (those tomatoes need to be used sooner rather than later).
And I'm going to go searching for some recipes to do stuffed peppers or something...
Maybe later this week I'll post some results. And depending on how the weekend goes, I might be getting more Hatch chilies next week, as rumor is that they'll be back.
The big ol' box of apples? That is easy. Those will be eaten. I *might* slice up a few for pie or apple crisp or something. In a few weeks, I might turn what's left into applesauce. Mostly, though, these will be eaten fresh.