But I always have so much fun at Bountiful Baskets, and we always get so much great stuff. I think I'll continue to contribute for a basket...
This week, I got two baskets, plus the Mexican veggie pack. Here is a photo of ONE basket:
All together, in the two baskets, I got:
- 2 heads Living Lettuce
- 2 bunches celery
- 5 one-pound bags of carrots
- 5 huge yellow onions
- 6 gorgeous green peppers
- 2 bunches mustard greens
- 10 organic tomatoes on the vine
- 16 nectarines
- 3 Tuscan melons
- 19 bananas, most of them being quite big
What will we do with this haul?
- Fruit will all be eaten.
- Except I think I'll can the nectarines, but we'll see.
- Lettuce, celery, carrots, onions, green peppers and tomatoes are generally just staples that simply get used. No planning necessary.
- Mustard greens? I have no clue. People keep telling me I can saute 'em up and serve them like spinach. Ewww. I don't serve spinach that way as I think it is disgusting. So I don't have any idea at all.
- In reality, the tomatoes and at least some green peppers are going to combine with my Mexican pack to become salsa.
- And (another in reality confession) since I have so much celery and carrots, I'll be chopping up those and onions, in equal amounts, sauteing in olive oil, and freezing. I add this to all kinds of stuff... spaghetti sauce, casseroles, crockpot dishes, anything I think of...
My Mexican pack was so very pretty:
- one enormous avocado
- one garlic bulb
- two huge yellow onions
- 2 lemons
- 3 big mild peppers
- 4 jalepeno peppers
- 5 tomatillos
- 5 cayenne peppers
- 10 itty bitty limes