Check out the photo of my ONE basket --
And between my TWO baskets, I got:
- About 14 pound of Yukon Gold potatoes. Yummy
- 5 pounds of carrots
- 2 bunches celery
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce (only I traded one away)
- 4 cucumbers
- 5 enormous yams
- 4 coconuts (only I traded one away)
- 17 bananas
- 6 mangoes (plus 3 I got in trade, so 9 total)
- 10 Fuji apples
- 19 Satsuma tangerines
- apples, tangerines, and bananas just get eaten
- mangoes usually turn into smoothies, but with this many, I'm going to do some investigating so I can maybe do something a bit more fun
- carrots, celery, and potatoes are just used. Though, umm, I have a LOT of potatoes in my house right now, so I probably need to start planning for them.
- Lettuce, well, salads. I traded one away because I simply have far too much lettuce around at the moment.
- Cucumbers will be sliced and dipped in ranch dressing
- Yams -- I am SO making up a sweet potato casserole or two or three. I tell you, these things are ENORMOUS.
- Coconuts. I don't have the first clue.
- 1 living lettuce
- 1 pineapple
- 2 parsnips
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 good sized russet potatoes
- 3 big Granny Smith Apples
- 3 small Granny Smith Apples
- 12 oz bag cranberries
- The lettuce will keep nice, and I just love the living lettuce for that!
- Potatoes an onions will be added to the stash.
- I'll use the Granny Smith apples to do some baking.
- Cranberries, well, that was the big draw with the hostess pack in the first place. We'll eat those with Thanksgiving.
- Parsnips, I'll be investigating. I'm considering this Roasted Parsnips and Carrots recipe (with carrots from the basket, and parsley from this pack.
- Pineapple may be used in baking, or I might dry it.
- The herbs, well. I'm thinking about those. I may make some oils...
Hello, I have been following your bountiful baskets photos everytime you post it.
Are the veggies usually less quantity compared to fruits in fall vs summer where I saw more veggies.
Please let meknow.
No, I don't think the veggie/fruit ration necessarily changes from summer to winter. It does vary some from one week to another though. Some baskets seem to have a lot of veggies, some have a lot of fruit.
What types of veggies or fruits certainly is seasonal.
Oh we love bountiful baskets and get one every week! (And bread sometimes too!)
Post a Comment