I'm sad, but excited about changes too.
So, this morning, I got two baskets. Here is a photo of one of them:
Between the TWO baskets, this includes:
- 10 pounds of potatoes
- 3 heads of green cauliflower, or brociflour
- 4 bunches broccoli
- a whole lot of Brussels sprouts
- 2 heads leafy green lettuce
- 16 onions
- 30 bananas
- 8 pears
- 4 Asian pears
- 18 oranges/tangerines
- all the fruit is eating fruit. It will be consumed by the minions.
- potatoes are a staple here, and honestly, I was getting down there. These will just get used.
- onions are mostly a staple too, but these probably need to get used quickly. I'm going to dehydrate a bunch, and do onion powder or something.
- Broccoli and Brussels sprouts will be side dishes for a few nights.
- The cauliflower, well, I need to think on that. I usually do up a head of cauliflower with mashed potatoes, another with alfredo sauce, and have the kids much on a third one. But with the green color, I may have a harder time with that. I will have to see.
I've done roasted cauliflower lately and it disappears. (Drizzle florets with olive oil, bake at 350-ish until golden brown.)
Post a Comment