- Grapevine Bible Studies has a new website. I really, really want to purchase their New Testament materials, but we don't need them yet. I continue to be so totally impressed with their product. I reviewed them last summer.
- Math Score, which I reviewed here, has been incredibly frustrating for my 5th and 3rd graders. I have played with the "padding" (extra time given per problem), finally realizing that a) their typing skills are not that great, especially with numbers, and b) they are on a laptop, without a 10-key pad, which does make it slower still. I don't care (for the purposes of this program) whether or not their typing is fast. I want them to be able to work on answering the questions. Increasing the padding has made a world of difference. My oldest son, on the other hand, is cruising with Math Score, and this has been a totally fabulous program for him. MathScore did upgrade their program a bit, with more intuitive reporting, and more topics available in individual grade levels. I hope we can continue to use this program for a long time to come.
- Mathletics, which I reviewed here, has announced World Math Day for 2010. It is to be March 3. Go here for more information, and to register. It's free. You have to register by March 1.
- Connor desperately misses Sonlight, and has begged to do more of Core 6. So, we're switching gears yet again...
- William wants to learn Latin. We sat down with a bunch of the choices we own, and a potential Review Crew product... and I let him decide. So he has started Lively Latin. If we get The Great Latin Adventure, he understands that we will be dropping Lively Latin to complete our review, and then he can decide which to continue.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Some random updates
This is going to be a mish-mash post. Some random updates about how things are (or aren't) working.
Posted by Debra at 2/09/2010 11:45:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Interesting mish-mash post. I need to write up more of these. Sometimes random is better!
Post a Comment