- Kids all had eye appointments yesterday. Four of the five are great. Connor needs new glasses, including new frames. Can't afford to do that until January.
- Eye doctor asked Richard what he wants to be when he grows up. "A Christian," was Richard's immediate response. Without skipping a beat, the eye doctor replied, "You don't have to grow up to be that. I bet you are already. Does Jesus live in your heart?" Reminds me there definitely is a reason we go to this doctor. (And Richard's answer was "yes.")
- We had a screw-up at the bank. In the process of investigating it, the teller informs me that it involved a payment to Compassion. She overrode the charges because of who the payment was to. (Mix-up is fixed, money is moved, balance is what it should be now.) I'm very grateful it wasn't a gas purchase or something that was the final straw, as that saved us a $25 charge.
- One of my Boy Scouts got his 2010 merit badge cards signed off. Tracking and Carpentry. Other Boy Scout still needs to do that. The Scout Shop confirmed that they just need to finish it in 2010, they don't have to get the advancement person to register it in December. YAY. Still have some work to do to get this to go through.
- Thomas earned his Webelos badge this month, thanks to his den leader pushing some stuff through. Den leader went to the Scout Shop to make sure to get the special 100th Anniversary badges for the kids who have earned it. YAY!
- Went to see Voyage of the Dawn Treader with six boys and a girl. It was a blast. I think this is my favorite Narnia movie now. The Dawn Treader itself was absolutely beautiful.
- I'm in a position with reviews right now where I am doing a LOT (just check my sidebar, yikes!) but it is amazing how absolutely perfect almost everything on that list is. I'm overwhelmed sometimes by how incredibly fortunate we've been in this whole "review gig."
- I won a giveaway yesterday for an Bible/Art DVD. I'm so excited. I really hoped to get this.
- I was part of a group gift to some special people. It is so cool to make someone else cry... :)
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Nothing that is big enough to make a blog post itself, but a bunch of great stuff happening --
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad you won that DVD, Debra! I had hoped you would win mine, but when you didn't I was hoping you would win one of the others! Congratulations!
And, those historic merit badges--so cool. It looks like my son will earn 2 or 3 of them before the end of the month. He's going to go camping as a guest with another troop who will be working on them. Hooray! :)
Do you order your glasses online? I go to glassyeyes.blogspot, read up on the newest deals and coupon codes, and then go order using his links at Goggles4U, or 39dollarglasses, or one of the other places he recommends. I just ordered Jonathan two pair for $23.95. I ordered two pair cause he keeps breaking them at Tae Kwon Do. I can order about 50 pairs for the price of one pair at our local eye doctor. Crazy! If you don't know how to read your prescription, the glassyeyes guy has a full explanation, including how to measure your child's pupillary distance if it is not on the prescription. I am not kidding, this is really cool. We've ordered for everyone so far, and no problems at all. I think goggles4u has an $8.99 deal right now, and the ones I got at zenni optical were $8.99 plus $4 for anti-reflective. Okay, I sound like a commercial sorry. I won't be offended if you read and then delete this comment :).
Post a Comment