Received my Bountiful Baskets order yesterday morning, and am pretty excited about the wonderful stuff. I'll probably be off in listing what we got, as some has been consumed already! I ordered two baskets, the Italian package, and a box of Roma tomatoes. Unfortunately, the Roma tomatoes weren't put on the truck... I had planned to use those fresh herbs in the Italian pack to make spaghetti sauce. Now I'll need to make new plans.
Regular baskets (this includes both baskets):
- 2 heads of cauliflower (I really need suggestions for this!)
- 3 bunches of celery (yikes!)
- 5 red bell peppers
- 10 little cucumbers (I forget what they're called though)
- a whole lot of potatoes. They were added to some we already had, so I don't know how many. But it is a LOT.
- 2 bunches asparagus (yum!)
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce
- eight or so tomatoes
- at least ten pears
- at least nine pluots
- 2 cantaloupes
- I think 13 bananas (maybe only 10... I'm pretty sure three were eaten)
- an eggplant (something totally new for me!)
- 2 enormous zucchini
- 2 large yellow onions
- 2 small red onions
- 1 bulb garlic
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 4 bunches/packages of fresh herbs. One is definitely basil. One I'm nearly certain is parsley (flat). One has to be oregano. The other? Rosemary maybe.
We'll be doing some salads. Mushrooms always get used, maybe even in the spaghetti sauce. Asparagus will "just" be a veggie probably tonight. Potatoes, garlic, onion... those always get used without my needing to plan anything. Fruit is easy. I'll probably freeze up about three of the red peppers, as five is more than we'll use before they go bad. And making my mom's zucchini bars sounds like a perfect idea.
That leaves the cauliflower and the celery. Some celery will get used. And I'm thinking this Roasted Garlic Cauliflower looks promising.
Care to divulge your spaghetti sauce recipe? Can you believe I'm Italian and we have no family sugo recipe? :o)
Oh my goodness. No way. LOL. I'd have to HAVE "a" spaghetti sauce recipe to divulge it. Every time I actually make some, I search online based on what I have in my possession... I never remember to bookmark anything.
So, ummm, anyone else with a fab spaghetti sauce recipe, preferably one that used fresh herbs?
Oh, I love smashed cauliflower. You should try it, it's wonderful! I've been looking for a CSA!
Post a Comment