- Starbucks. Alone. I'm telling you, this is amazing. I think, though, that I finally used up my birthday giftcards.
- I'm going to be spending the weekend with a whole lotta tomatoes. Making salsa, spaghetti sauce... and maybe just some plain ol' canned ones... I am going to be busy. If I whine, someone remind me that I'm going to be grateful this fall and winter.
- My two oldest are finally done volunteering for the summer reading program on Saturdays. So, naturally, that means they are working on an Eagle project tomorrow. Something for a domestic violence shelter, maybe? Theoretically, they have next Saturday off though.
- I have to bring a side dish to the Court of Honor on Monday. Think I can come up with something that will use some of the 35 pounds of tomatoes we'll have? (Yes, suggestions are welcome!)
- The volunteer position I have with the TOS Crew is <drum roll please> now a paid one!
- But that means I have to figure out a whole bunch of forms to keep track of my time. One of many reasons I'm no longer in public accounting is because I hated tracking my time to the minute...
- I'm going to be posting a whole bunch of book reviews next week. And pretty soon, I'll have to be backing off from the non-Homeschool Crew reviews some. It is so hard to figure out a balance.
- I think my school plans are firming up, and I hoped to post in the Not Back to School Blog Hop... maybe I'll get that done tomorrow.
- Oh, and I've mentioned it on Facebook, but not here... my oldest two are doing the Couch Potato to 5K... and <ahem> I'm at least sort of joining them. THEY plan to continue on, with the hope of doing at least a half marathon with Uncle Jeff next summer. I have no such plans... my goal would be to be in good enough shape to stand on the sidelines and cheer. Of course, I have to remember to take my allergy meds if I am going to be up to any sort of running in the mornings. Or the evening, in the case of tomorrow (we are NOT going running at 4:30 am. No, no, no, no.)
Friday, August 5, 2011
Random Stuff for this Friday
I have a bazillion blog posts swirling in my brain, but haven't had the chance to write any of them up. So here is a quick random update on me!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad you're not a volunteer anymore, Debra. Your work needs recognized! LOVE having you on my team.
I'm thrilled to be on your team!
Post a Comment