Today was a beautiful basket though, and I got two. The photo shows one basket, but my list is what I got in both.
- Three bunches of celery
- Two heads romaine lettuce
- Three bunches of broccoli
- Eleven tomatoes
- Three bunches of green onions
- Twenty-three potatoes
- Two personal-size watermelons
- Three boxes of strawberries
- Four mangoes
- Two pineapples
- Thirteen bananas
- Potatoes, celery, lettuce, tomatoes -- those are totally just staples and I'll use 'em
- The fruit will all just be eaten over the week. I may do a dessert with one box of strawberries.
- Green onions aren't exactly a staple, but I won't have to think about using them either. I make a lot of stuff that calls for green onions where I end up subbing in regular onions instead. I just won't do that (the substituting!)
- Broccoli -- we'll chop some up and the kids can snack on it. I'll do a stirfry with one bunch. I'll use another in a casserole-y thing for lunch this week.
Post a Comment