- Without going into a lot of detail, I'm questioning if I don't suffer from a reasonably mild case of SAD, or if it is just the normal seasonal cycle exaggerated a bit in my case. I'm looking into some things I can do to deal with my lethargy.
- One thing that is saving me right now is that I have some really amazingly perfect products that I am reviewing. Loving Latin Alive, and Reading Kingdom, and IEW, and, and, and...
- Yesterday, I sat and read a book instead of hopping onto the computer when my kids were done with it. Just a book. I'm not reviewing it, I'm not considering it for school, nothing. It was just a book. It has been quite awhile...
- I'm behind in my Bible in 90 Days readings, and I have to work at catching up. And I need to get in touch with my little group.
- Tomorrow is a big scout day. Richard has a Tiger den outing, and Connor and William are participating in an Eagle ceremony for a very wonderful young man.
- I hate having only one computer that the kids can use for school. Hate it.
- We are loving Illuminations 2. Watching Drive-Thru History right now as a supplement.
- We're supposed to be reading Twice Freed on Monday. I cannot find it anywhere. <sigh> I hate when our school stuff vanishes... I almost used a gift certificate to purchase a second copy. Couldn't bring myself to buy something I know we own already...
- Oh, and absolutely loving Sonlight Core 7. Murder for Her Majesty, of course, turned into a family read-aloud. I should know better than to think I could read a book to just Connor.
- Speaking of things turning into family projects... Connor insisted on being let in to our time with Apologia's Who Is God? book. And both Connor and William insisted on participating with Thomas in Earth: Its Structure and Its Changes. Why do I even try to have them do their own thing?
- William is begging to do Latin for Children. That is, oh, probably the only Latin program on the planet that I don't own...
Friday, February 11, 2011
February's First "Just Stuff" post
I took a bit of a blog break. As you've probably noticed, I've had a lot of reviews due lately. My intention wasn't to ignore my blog entirely after I posted that one on Monday... but that is what happened. So, let's do a random stuff type of post to catch back up:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
First, I am glad to see you back this week. I have been taking something of a blog break myself, trying to compose something I want to talk about . . . .
We are loving some of the exact same curriculum. :)
I was in your spot 2 years ago when a bunch of online curricula came to the Crew for review. Last spring we found a deal on a used desktop at the thrift store. Now the kids have their own computer. Freecycle may also be a good option, just to get something good enough to work for a while. I feel much more positive about the online subscriptions right now.
Oh, and I am several chapters behind on my reading the Bible in a year plan. It's probably a really good thing I didn't sign up for the 90 days after all . . . headed up now to try to get back on track.
Well, it wouldn't be so bad as far as the computer thing... except we have five laptops that don't work at the moment, and one desktop that won't connect to the internet.
And one desktop that will connect, but won't run everything...
So that means virtually everything is being done on MY laptop. If we could get ONE of the kids' laptops back, or even get the better desktop connected to the internet...
If you think it could possibly help, my dh, Kurt, can usually fix computers that folks think are dead as a doornail . . . email him and he will call or email you back (or have Dale do it) - email@example.com
If you want, I can mail you my copies of LfC primer A - but I only have the answer key, audio CD, workbook and activity book - no DVD. Of course you'll have to pray that I can find an envelope big enough and then some time to get to the post office when it's open ;o)
Lauren -- are you serious about the LfC thing? I would need the DVD for *this* child for sure, but I can swing that. Hmmm...
I don't need it for a few more weeks. He has to keep going with what we're reviewing.
I'll mention your offer of Kurt to Dale :) I don't even know what is wrong with all of them. The last one, it is that the screen stays black. If Connor turns it on, *I* can access his hard drive through my computer, I can see everything and open programs and such. But his screen is black. :(
Family read-alouds are better anyway [smile].
Yeah, Luke, they are...
Post a Comment