And as of today, it halved again... the new location is 20 minutes away.
I'm also training to be a backup for running this one. Eeeek!
Anyway, since we've been out of town, and were basically without produce (besides potatoes, onions and sweet potatoes) in the house, I went for THREE regular baskets. I brought home a ton of stuff.
Pictured is ONE basket --
The fruit included:
- 4 bananas (one basket had 5)
- a cantaloupe
- 7 peaches (one basket had 8)
- 3 enormous Red D'Anjou pears (and I chose two more as my volunteer extra)
- 7 oranges
The veggies contained:
- 5 ears of corn (this basket had 6)
- 1 head of leaf lettuce
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 artichokes
- 6 carrots
- 3 large to HUGE beautiful orange bell peppers
I loved, loved, loved that I didn't get anything that I had in my house in any sort of quantity!
So, what will we do with all of this?
- Corn on the cob for dinner this week, and corn on the cob for dinner next weekend when we have extra people around
- At least a couple dinners with carrots as the veggie
- I'll "just use" the tomatoes, some of the carrots and some of the peppers
- I'll undoubtedly need to freeze some of the peppers
- I'm thinking I'm going to can a quart or two of peaches, and maybe a quart of pears
- Otherwise, peaches, bananas, and pears will be eaten this week
- The oranges will probably be our main fruit next week
- One cantaloupe will be a breakfast this week. The other two will wait for the weekend with company.
- Artichokes. I've got 9 of them. Yikes. I've gotten some great facebook advice to steam 'em and dip in lemon butter, or in garlic butter. I figure we'll ALL eat a couple tomorrow, and if it is a hit, I'll do it again for everyone. Otherwise, methinks I'll be eating artichoke for lunch every day for the next week....
Post a Comment