- Boy Scouts just issued the Chess merit badge. We'll be looking up the requirements, but I'm sure it is one my boys will all earn eventually.
- I am so incredibly excited about a couple of products we get to review. E-Mealz is working incredibly well. We've made three meals, and all three have been hits. And it is just so easy.
- And the Professor in a Box Marketing Course looks wonderful. Connor and I just sat down to schedule things, and the timing is beyond perfect. It looks like Marketing will be his first CLEP exam.
- In spite of feeling slammed by events this week, we are making major progress in storing food up for the winter. We have 8 pints of salsa in cans, 2 quarts in the freezer, plus what we've used (or is in the fridge). We have 3 quarts of spaghetti sauce and 2 of pizza sauce. We have a few quarts of pickles. We have 8 or 9 quarts of fruit (mostly peaches, but also nectarines, pear sauce, and apple chunks). We have 2 pints of peach honey. We have a quart bag of potatoes frozen up for our skillet breakfasts. We have a quart bag of mirepoix frozen.
- Today I'll be doing something with cantaloupe, pears, mangoes, potatoes, cauliflower, and probably some more mirepoix. I may need to freeze some spinach too.
- Just think what this would be like if I actually could garden here.
- Richard claims to have found a "Brown Rackluse Spider," so he can't play outside anymore. Whatever.
- I have to do some lesson planning. We're starting school up a lot more "for real" on Monday.
- The gecko is growing way too fast. He's shedding again. Fascinating to watch.
- Speaking of gardening... we were learning about some opportunities in the coming year that sound pretty incredible. It's amazing what you learn when you volunteer locally, and actually talk to people.
- I'm going to pound out some reviews in the next couple of weeks.
- And I need to learn to only read advice on things like "struggling readers" from people who actually know something about the topic. Advice from clueless people is depressing and completely unhelpful.
Saturday, September 10, 2011
Just some things swirling around in my brain today:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds busy! It's been a crazy week or two here too. And, like you, I've got several reviews I need to get cracking on!
I'm just cracking up at your spider comment...lol! We were in the pool at my inlaws last summer and opened the skimmer and there was a black widow floating in it, alive! So we killed it but we have found them other places on their property too. Kinda scary!
Post a Comment