- Monday: Read 1 Kings 8-16. Finishing off the reign of Solomon, and was just waiting for my kids to ask why anyone would want 700 wives. They didn't. But they did talk about how all that wisdom didn't keep him from being pretty stupid. Then we got into all the stuff about all those kings. The Kings chart that Amy linked is making my kids pay a lot more attention.
- Tuesday: Read 1 Kings 17-2 Kings 5. The story of Elijah and the prophets of Baal is so wonderful. I don't know that I'd have the faith necessary to douse the alter with water three times though.
- Wednesday: Read 2 Kings 6-16. Lots of kings to go through today.
- Thursday: Read 2 Kings 17-1 Chronicles 3. The kids still loved doing the good king/bad king thing. The genealogies in Chronicles were a tough way to end the day, and don't make me look forward to tomorrow.
- Friday: Read 1 Chronicles 4-15. The genealogies go on and on and on. I had two kids fall asleep. Everyone is feeling yucky, so I let them.
- Saturday: Read 1 Chronicles 16-29.
- Sunday: Read 2 Chronicles 1-16. There seems to be more of an emphasis on the idea that if the kings of Judah were following God, things basically went well, and if they didn't follow God, things did not go well.
Monday, August 9, 2010
The Bible in 90 Days Challenge - week 6
Here's last week's check in. Mondays are too crazy and I'll never check in if I wait until the kids are up and we get to listen.