So, yesterday got away from me and I never checked in. I don't think I actually promised I'd be ON TIME with my check-ins, just that I'd do them. So here goes. My Fit Mommy Friday Challenge check-in:
- I will move daily. I did do a pretty good job of this. I made a point of walking when I'd normally be sitting (like while on the phone). And I got some walking in while in town on Tuesday/Thursday. I need to be more intentional about this though, especially on days when I'm home.
- I will drink water. Okay, so while I'm still failing by most "expert" standards, I started every day except one (the morning it was 49 degrees in the house!) with a big glass of cold water. I actually found myself waking up in the morning thinking about how much I wanted a glass of water. And I did not have any Mountain Dew. My kids did not make this easy. While shopping, they went and grabbed one and put it with the groceries. And Thomas grabbed one for me in Walgreens. I had to put them back. That was probably the hardest thing I did all week.
- De-cluttering my environment. Well, while I did actually meet the letter of the
lawgoal, many days I really didn't do that much. And of course, my decluterred island is covered with science experiments (see yesterday's post on Yuck!)
- Eat sensibly. I did okay at this. I shopped on Thursday to pick up some things (mushrooms, spinach...) that make this easier for me. I ate a good breakfast all week, which is a major first step. Beyond breakfast, I didn't do anything stupid. Splurged on cheese fondue last night.
- Working out. I only did two things that were explicitly a work out -- T-Tapp instructional video on Monday and Wednesday. If this is what I continue doing, I really do need to get closer to doing it daily.
- Check in. Well, my promise was every Friday/Saturday, and it is Saturday.
Click the link above to see how some of my fellow challenge-mates are doing. I'm sure all of them would adore an encouraging word.